Thursday, September 01, 2005

Quotes

I collect quotes. I receive an e-mail every day that has quotations in it from people (famous, infamous and "fringe") and I move them to another folder and save them "just in case I need them."

I never have.

But it's fun to think I have this endless well of wit and wisdom at my command.

For instance, this one was in the e-mail this morning:

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists?
In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
-- Woody Allen


I love that! And I don't really like Woody Allen.

I also like:

Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
-- Evelyn Waugh, Diaries of Evelyn Waugh (1976)


Who is Evelyn Waugh??

Google says. . . She wrote Brideshead Revisited!! Wow, you learn something new every day!

Anyway, I guess I've decided that this could be a place where I sprinkle a quotation or two. So be expecting it -- I wouldn't want anyone to wet himself (or herself) from shock.

Also, I'm currently in the process of writing a Harry Potter Fanfiction for a contest that www.veritaserum.com is holding. They rock and are one of my favorite HP sites. After I post it there, I'll probably post it here too.

I don't work tomorrow (I work a "flex" schedule) and it's Labor Day weekend, so have a great one and see you next week!

The Princess

No comments:

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...