Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Catch Up

Okay, remember how, a few posts ago, I mentioned we were going to buy my Aunt and Uncle's car? Well, we got it! We've actually had it a couple weeks. The material on the ceiling is falling down, it only has a radio (stone age!), the air compressor for the a/c needs to be replaced (not gonna do it) and the paint on the hood looks like birds have been pecking at it. But it runs on very little gas (I filled the tank for the first time since we brought it home from OHIO yesterday!), it's a FIVE SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION (fun!) and it's a sporty little red thing. It's so much fun to drive. The most immediate problem was that it smelled like smoke. Both my Aunt and my Uncle smoke and she drove it. LOVE THEM -- hate their smoking. Anywho, a friend here at work, Zak Pence, had recommended that I buy some spray from a pet store for eliminating pet urine odor . . . ewwwwww! He told me it would smell like a vet's office but then I could spray something else and it would be okay.

Well, I went to Petsmart (is that Pet Smart or Pets Mart??) yesterday and got some spray that said it had an apple fragrance. It's GREAT! It's called Simple Solution Home (brand) Stain and Odor Remover(product) Juicy Apple (fragrance). I highly recommend it. However, I may need to purchase another bottle... wonder how many packs a day she smoked...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whitehairwomansays--
could burn some incense in it too babe --how about some cinnamon----and just blow the air vents all the time and consider shampooing the seats and the carpet.....and leave the windows open whenever possible...

knhamilton87 said...

a) I don't have time to shampoo my car -- especially when it's been so frickin' hot! (I don't even shampoo my dog for pete's sake)

B) I worry about using fire in my car . . . blonde, remember. . .

and

3) I've been leaving the windows open and that seemed to help to dry the stuff I sprayed.

It DOES smell much better. Thanks!

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...