Thursday, September 22, 2005

Witty repartee and some other thoughts

I'm not sure I spelled that heading correctly. . .

First, I need to say that I put an addendum on my post about my visit to Washington, D.C. -- please go back and read it. It's a cool prayer.

Anyway, I got a couple of great quotes in my e-mail this morning and wanted to share them:

I believe that people would be alive today if there were a death penalty.
-- Nancy Reagan

Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm.
-- John F. Kennedy

Think about it . . .

You gotta love JFK. Too bad the brains in that family died with Bobby.

Something I haven't mentioned about myself is that I'm an enigma wrapped in a dichotomy tied with a very pretty purple, silk ribbon.

I'm blonde and, I think my husband would agree, reasonably attractive. However, I'm also intelligent. Some would think that a dichotomy. I find it the case more often than not. Blondes have a bad rap.

I'm a "thinking Christian" -- I don't follow whatever the church tells me to believe and do. I read the Bible and follow what I understad JESUS wants me to believe and do. Or at least I try to.

Anywho, I have become a very involved member of a parachurch group called the Walk to Emmaus over the last, oh, 8 years. I went on my "pilgrim" (or original) Walk when I was pregnant with my son, Noah. It opened my eyes to what my relationship with Jesus, and the world, could be. I'm still not there but I keep "walking" in the hope that I'll get a bit closer. I am on the Board of Directors for the Lexington Emmaus Community and am on the team for the upcoming Men's Walk -- Tim is the Lay Director. Our daughter, Mary, is also on the team. She went on a retreat called Chrysalis last February after living in an "Emmaus House" for 7 years. We're immersed in it. I wonder sometimes if it's Jesus we follow or Emmaus. I pray it is the former.

No comments:

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...