Friday, September 23, 2005

Change

I am moving to another office today. I think that's the most accurate way to put it in one sentence. The Powers That Be have decided to do some remodeling and, for reasons known only to themselves, have decided that the sales staff needs to be at this end of the building. Although the encoding equipment HAS to stay in the room next to where I am currently sitting. Why they didn't just put the sales staff at the other end of the building, I don't know. However, the bright side is that this is supposed to be my office in the Grand Plan. So, hopefully, I'm here to stay.

We have a new guy -- marketing guy -- and his name is Don. Early riser this guy. I'm here at 7:30 a.m. every day to earn my flex day and he gets here BEFORE ME.

So, I'm trying to get a bit of clean up done and start getting ready to vacate and I find these little horns -- bicycle horns -- that the sales guys (when there was more than one) used to indicate they'd made a sale. (John, our one sales guy, still does.) I took them to Don and explained what they were for and we started talking about change . . . and then I opened my e-mail.

One of the regular offerings I receive is from Beliefnet and it's called "From the Masters." Sometimes it's just quotes (OH BOY) from brilliant minds but other times it's inspirational writings. . . today was a "quote day."

"Of the events of life we may have some control, but over the law of its progress none."
-- John W. Draper

"Everything changes, nothing remains without change."
-- Buddha

"When you're finished changing, you're finished."
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Then there were these gems:

Every day I live I am more convinced that the waste of life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used, the selfish prudence that will risk nothing and which, shirking pain, misses happiness as well. No one ever yet was the poorer in the long run for having once in a lifetime "let out all the length of all the reins." Mary Cholmondeley (1859-1925), Writer

To be truly cultivated is to think reasonably, to live grandly, to love greatly, to shun pettiness, to condemn prejudice and cruelty. In short, to be cultivated is to be alive in the very largest sense. Dorothy J. Farnan (1919-2003), Educator and writer

Some day, I hope to be quoted . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CHANGE--
Capture
His
Amazing
Grace
Everyday------Trudy Mills--Delores Weekend 2005

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...