Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Arrogant Americans

So, I started writing this a couple of days ago and had to move on to something more pressing but I couldn't bring myself to delete it. . .

I can understand how we have such a bad reputation. I mean, where else do people ignore driving laws just because they have a bigger vehicle or no one's looking?

I know this seems random, but it's true. I had an incident over the summer with a woman driving an SUV -- I think it was a Toyota but that's not really important -- I was waiting my turn in a crowded parking lot and she tried to go around me. .. . where other cars were parked! I actually rolled my window down to ask what she thought she was doing and she said "what do YOU think YOU'RE doing?" It was just frustrating.

This afternoon, I was on my way back to the office from my local Kroger and came to a traffic light that truly has no purpose unless it's rush hour because it helps direct school traffic. Well, the light was red. . . and the guy stopped in front of me totally ran it. Less than a minute after he decided it was okay for him to just randomly break the law, it turned green.

No comments:

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...