Monday, August 22, 2005

Opening Salvo

Wow - I really feel the pressure to be brilliant hanging on this first post. Oh well, I've failed before and I'll do it again, I'm sure.

My friend, Marty, started a blog this weekend and, not to be outdone, I'm starting one too. I really don't have an original thought in my head -- a rather empty thing that rattles occasionally -- so I don't expect a lot of visitors but it might be fun.

Let's see, I'm a 40 year old mother of three. Beautiful children, really. I know everyone says that about their kids but ours really ARE! I've been married to their dad (my first and only husband) for 18 years. We've been together our entire adult lives and have seen each other through varied experiences . . .nothing earth shattering or outside the continental United States. But our lives have meant a lot to us.

I'm sort of boring. I go to work and church and I nap on a semi-regular basis (which means I was a cat in a former life, even though I don't really believe in reincarnation, and I sleep as often as I can possibly get away with). I write the way I speak -- with a lot of parentheticals -- so I will probably ramble in an unorganized and maddening way. However, stick with me and, eventually, I'll sometimes make a point.

Anyway, as the school year begins, I find myself with a Junior in High School and an actual balance in a savings account. I am new to both of these things. I believe, as dotty as I am, I could not have gotten this far without a lot of help -- from God, my parents, my husband (and kids) and my friends (of which I have a gaggle). To those people I dedicate this first silly post. . . Love and kisses, K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hawt!!!

Anonymous said...

this was really good and i liked it alot--

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...