Wednesday, September 05, 2007

This Ain't So Bad. . .

Okay. So I've decided that this whole college thing is blown WAY out of proportion. At least I was all worked up about almost nothing. Mary and I have the best of both worlds. I see her almost as much as ever and have had to adapt to very little. And she's having the time of her life! She loves college. Loves her classes and she has made a bazillion friends. I'm pretty proud of her.

I went to my second day at my new paralegal job today. I think I'm gonna get some books. There's so much I don't remember or even KNOW. But it's a small office and the folks seem willing to help me muddle through. I might be good at it. . . you never know. It's hard to leave a job I did very well and start something new. I feel at a loss. But I've been the Executive Assistant to the President of the Commonwealth Fund for KET. I can do ANYTHING!

Dropped some Pampered Chef stuff off at the 560 today and chatted briefly with Shannon. I feel like I've been gone forever but no one was surprised (and only Shannon seemed pleased) to see me. Whatever.

Anyway, life goes on and on and on. . . and we just do the best we can. I know God is with me and helping me cope when I remember to ask.

1 comment:

Dawn Winton said...

I do think you have the best of both worlds, not to mention an incredible daughter. Who loves you and wants to be with you. Glad you feeling positive about the new job! YOU CAN do it! Love you bunches!!!!

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...