Friday, June 29, 2007

My new favorite way to vacation

Well, Tim and I are no longer "cruise virgins." We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary aboard Carnival's MS Inspiration. It was wonderful beyond words -- sure, there were some problems. . .we paid WAY too much for manicure/pedicure treatments, the photography is constant but buying the pictures is archaic. . .I have some ideas and I'm going to be writing a letter this weekend.

But for the most part it was one for the books.
We flew into Ft. Myers and stayed with my mom and dad on Friday, June 22. They took us to dinner (joined by my Aunt Peg, Uncle Ron and their friends Gil and Lois who brought us an anniversary card and flowers). Then Saturday mom and dad drove us to Tampa. Honey (their dog) rode with us. She's my baby sister. . .

Here are some of my favorite shots, so far (we haven't had the waterproof camera developed yet). . .

You could see the ship as we approached down the street. It was very cool. Tim and I at the port before we boarded -- my dad took this picture.
I immediately thought of Noah when I saw this huge chess set -- someone was always playing.

Towel animals:


Grand Cayman pictures will go here . . .


Calica/Playa del Carmen, Mexico:
Hacienda at the ranch where we got on our horses for our ride on the beach. . .

Our postcard shot. . . >>>>>>>>














We celebrated our anniversary with our new friends at Table 229 in the Carnivale dining room (5:45 seating):










Left to Right: Donna, Hanak, Roy, Jana (server), Rommel (co-server), Elaine, Kelly and Tim

No comments:

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...