Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Random Thoughts

Life is so strange -- I guess that keeps it interesting.

I spent some time at the hospital with a friend last night. She has struggled for months alongside her husband whose health has deteriorated for various reasons, some of them as yet unknown. We prayed last night that God would simply send a good doctor and a pleasant nurse. This was something they had struggled with on a previous visit.

God answers prayers! The doctor who is treating Elson is the one his Cincinnati doctor wanted and the nurse who helped get him get settled in his room last night was into horses -- which is what Susan and Elson are ALL ABOUT! God is so into us and our needs. And he WILL meet them.

However, I believe we go through trials for reasons and some of them we'll never know.

And that's okay.

I have a great word of the day for you today: trichotillomania.

It means: an irresistible urge to pull out your own hair.

As a mother to three children I can relate to this. However, I have a friend who has it rougher than I and she keeps her hair and her temper. I'll just call her "J". She is my most holy, special friend. I admire her above any other person I know. Life continues to throw her curve balls and she continues to glorify God. She is amazing and I love her very much.

Thank you God, for our friends. What a gift they are; sustaining us and allowing us to be you with "skin on." I am blessed.

Please pray for Susan and "J" today.

Oh yeah, I am remiss if I do not also mention that my beautiful friend Martybob is, on this most auspicious day, 18 years old (with 32 years experience)! Love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saying "as a mother of three children I can relate to this" in regards to your post about trichotillomania - that's very insensitive of you. I have trich, and it has nothing to do with "oh I'm stressed I could just pull my hair out". Luckily I'm 28, have dealt with this illness and am comfortable in my own skin, but you may find people who come across your blog and feel even worse about themselves after they read that.

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...