Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Note to Self

Well, it's been a week since my last post. I must be busy. I guess that's a good thing but I don't want to forget something funny that happened over the weekend.

Actually, I had my last official "flex Friday" last week. So, of course, I filled it with stuff to do. Like taking our animals to the vet. Turns out neither of them actually NEEDED to go! But they did need flea meds so it was kind of a good thing we went -- and, since I brought Beau back before he really needed to be there, they're gonna give me a "discount" on my next visit.

So anyway, before we realized he didn't need to be there, the vet asked me to bring a stool sample from Beau back to the office some time on Friday. I got some poop, put it in a bag marked "Beau Hamilton" and asked if anyone wanted to go with me (the kids were off school). Noah did. He wouldn't even touch the bag, but he did ask some questions about what was gonna happen to the feces we were transporting. He asked if it would be "dissected." I said I thought they'd probably have to cut it up as it had cat litter on the outside and they wanted to see if it had any bad microscopic things in it, parasites and such. Then he asked if we'd have to come back and get it... HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I laughed all weekend every time I thought about having to come back and get cat poop!

Anyway, he's almost 9, so his "cute sayings" days are almost over and I wanted to record this one.

Next Monday I start my new job at KET -- not sure how much I'll be writing for a while. But this is fun and I hope to keep writing, even if it's few and far between.

Oh yeah, please pray for our family if you think about it. Tim's at home as I type this with back problems -- his sciatic nerve on the right side has been bothering him for some time but it was so bad yesterday that he finally went to the doc for medicine. He never does that.

Also, Mary said on the way to school this morning that she was starting to feel sick and I've been sort of icky -- new job starting and all that, we don't have time to be sick!

Shout atcha latah!

No comments:

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...