Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Time Flying. . .

Tomorrow is the start of the 2006-07 school year. Mary will be a Senior. She had her Senior Portraits taken earlier in the summer and we're supposed to go at the end of August to purchase a package. Where have the days gone?

I'm still at KET. I'm staring down the barrel of my year anniversary and feeling deserving of a ginormous pat on the back. It's the most stressful job I've ever had. But there have been some wonderful moments and I know my kids have had fun here -- despite missing me during pledge drives. I literally lost the month of March.

Tim's back is great for the most part -- if he overdoes it he has pain but who doesn't. The surgery was a miracle. He's working hard on his bachelor's degree and should be done in December 2007 -- the end of Mary's freshman year in college. Irony rules my life.

Sara is a freshman tomorrow. She auditioned for and made Color Guard. She has worked really hard this summer (as have all the girls and the band) and I'm excited because the first home football game is Friday night! I am encouraging her (I hope NOT too strongly because I know that will actually DIScourage her) to think about trying out to be a drum major -- she'd be perfect for it! I think she's excited about high school but, as anyone would be, nervous. Mary says she will share her locker with Sara . . .which I find extremely sweet.

Noah starts 4th grade. In Lexington, that's the year you begin to get letter grades and you start your portfolio. It was a hard year for both girls. I don't want to anticipate or assume anything but I'm girding myself. . .

I know it seems like I whine a lot. . . I guess I just get tired of never having any money. It's not like we don't work hard. Stuff is just expensive.

No comments:

Why You Shouldn’t Visit That New Mom and Her Baby

Close your eyes and think about the last time you visited a brand new mom, either in the hospital or at home.  Did you call first? If you d...